- Turn north from A69 Newcastle –
Carlisle road at Bardon Mill. Follow signs to Once Brewed and Twice Brewed.
- Cross B6318 Military road, at the staggered cross roads.
- Cross Hadrian’s Wall at Steel Rigg.
- Turn right, over cattle grid, sign posted Gibbs Hill.
- Turn right, over second cattle grid, in half a mile along farm lane sign posted Gallowshieldrigg.
- If using your Sat. Nav. to NE47 7AR, it will say you have reached your destination. Keep going!
- Keep right at farm and continue another 200yds. Bonnyrigg Hall, and Keepers Cottage is next on left.
By Public Transport
Bardon Mill railway station is 5 miles south (not all
trains stop here). Haltwhistle station is 8 miles. Hadrian’s Wall bus (summer
only), nearest stop is Once Brewed visitor centre (2.5 miles). Scheduled bus
service Newcastle – Carlisle (route 685), nearest stop Bardon Mill.
Click here to print this
map.(322kb .pdf version)
To read and print our printable version of this Close-up Map & Directions you need Adobe Reader. This small,
free, download allows you to Read and Print .pdf documents. Click the logo to